Product Upgrade Information (Profile Editor 4.0.3)
(Note: This information is only for practitioners
who have the software. For end-users having Inspirstar units, please contact your
practitioner about the upgrade. )
New features in Profile Editor 4.0.3 released on 4/22/2016.
· Supported new models IS02LCD and IS02PRO and old model IS02BA.
· Added support of entering frequencies by combination. for example, entering 12,34,56/78,90 in cell F1 will create 6 frequency pairs from the combination of the F1 and F2 frequencies.
· Updated User's manual for IS02LCD and IS02PRO.
· Updated User's Guide for Profile Editor.
· Added support of option to write the description of frequency pairs into IS02.
· Added two key files for Encryption.
· Other bug fixes and improvement.
Profile Editor 4.0.3 includes the latest firmware 1.0.3 for IS02LCD and IS02PRO and firmware 0.90.2 for IS02BA.
New features in firmware 1.0.3 for IS02LCD/IS02PRO.
· Added to prompt for new batteries when battery is low.
· Improvement on manual run mode for IS02PRO
· Reduced the brightness of LCD backlight to reserve battery power
For IS02BA, the wrong firmware version 0.95.1 was removed. Users should revert the firmware back to 0.90.2 if already upgraded with 0.95.1
(Note: If you are using Mac computer,
please do not do firmware upgrade on your Mac computer because of possible
incompatibility issue. Please use a Windows PC to upgrade the firmware or contact
Software/Firmware Upgrade Instructions
To Upgrade the software:
When you start Profile Editor software,
you should get the automatic update notice to update the software to version
4.2.0. Click "Yes, start Downloading" to download the update. After
the download is finished, you will be prompted for installation.
If you don't
get the automatic update notice, you can click "Help"->"Check
for Updates" to
start the upgrade.
If you can't get the software upgarded in the ways described above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for maunally download and upgrade information.
Windows Vista/Windows 7 users:
The automatic update does not work in Windows Vista/Windows 7 when the User Account
Control is on (default). You need to download the update manually to your computer
and install. Please email email@example.com.
To Upgrade the firmware on IS02BA/IS02LCD/IS02PRO:
1. After the software installation finishes,
open Profile Editor and connect the unit to the computer.
2. The firmware upgrade on next step #3 will delete the current protocols in the unit. You may need to backup those protocols from the unit
if you didn’t ever save a copy in your computer. Click the button “Read” and
after the profile is read from the unit, click “Save Profile As” to save it on
3. Firmware Upgrade. Click “Tools"-> "Firmware Upgrade”.
In Step 1, you should see one of the following files depending on your unit model.
If the firmware file for your model doesn't show up, click "Browse" to locate the correct file.
Click “Start Upgrade”.
(Recommendation: Use new batteries for firmware upgrade.)
Note: For the operation of new features on IS02BA/IS02LCD/IS02PRO unit
or the use of software new version, please refer to the updated documents
Inspirstar IS02BA/IS02LCD/IS02PRO User's Manual and Inspirstar
Profile Editor User Guide,
by clicking your computer "Start"-> "All Programs" -> "Inspirstar" -> "Documents".
Previous upgrade information
Upgrade to Profile Editor 2.9.1
Upgrade to Profile Editor 2.8.5
Upgrade to Profile Editor 2.8.1